LENT TOWNSHIP, CHISAGO COUNTY, MINNESOTA
Notice of AN ORDINANCE AMENDING CHAPTER 3 OF THE ZONING ORDINANCE SECTION 1.6 platting required
ORDINANCE NO. 2019-04
1.06 Platting Required
No parcel of land shall be permitted to be conveyed by metes and bounds description after June 1, 1999, except in accordance with the circumstances and provisions described below:
- The parcel is a single parcel of residential or agricultural land of not less than 20 acres and having a width of not less than 500 feet in any dimension, and its conveyance does not result in the division of the parcel into two or more lots or parcels, any one of which is less than 20 acres in area or 500 feet in width;
- The parcel is created by “minor subdivision” which shall be defined as the separation of a single parcel of land separated from an original parent parcel, when the following circumstances exists:
- The new parcel is not less than five acres in size, with a minimum width of 300 feet fronting on a public road;
- The minor subdivision is for the purpose of separating a residence and accessory buildings from the balance of the larger parcel, provided that:
- The residence and buildings existed upon the date of enactment of this ordinance.
- The minor subdivision results in no substandard yard and/or structure setback, other substandard dimensional element, or any new nonconformity.
- The resulting remainder parcel is not less than 20 acres in size, and/or 500 feet in width;
- A minimum of one acre of buildable land is demonstrated to exist on the newly created residential parcel;
- The new parcel is surveyed and legally described by a Minnesota-licensed land surveyor;
- The certificate of survey and legal description are presented to the Township Zoning Administrator and reviewed by the Planning Commission for approval by the Township Board.
- The certificate of survey and legal description are recorded at the office of the Chisago County Recorder.
Passed by the Lent Town Board on the 16th day of July 2019.
Rick Keller, Chairperson
Attest: Kelly Wood, Clerk