Lent Township is very fortunate to include 5,136 of the 8,862 acres of the scenic Carlos Avery State Wildlife Management Area located within Chisago County. The Sunrise Unit of Carlos Avery WMA is a vast stretch of tamarack bog that borders the Sunrise River and provides an excellent opportunity to see aquatic birds. The upland areas are primarily old fields, grasslands, oak woodlands and food plots. Various opportunities to experience nature include fishing, canoeing, bird watching, hiking, and hunting. Public hunting is the primary recreational use of the WMA with deer, waterfowl, squirrel and turkey the most sought after species. The area is closed from 10:00 pm to 4:00 am each night.
Lent Township has two park areas. The Reiger and Gladys Olson Memorial Recreation Area, located behind the fire station in Stacy, boasts a softball field with bleachers for the adults and colorful playground equipment for the younger generation. The Swanberg Park, located adjacent to the Lent Town Hall, features a ball field for family and team play. The park also includes a new playground and picnic areas.
The local residents encourage visitors to enjoy the scenic views while winding their way along the easily accessible Sunrise Prairie Trail, which extends beyond the north/south boundaries of Lent Township. The Lake Superior and Mississippi Railroad, a predecessor of the Northern Pacific Railway, was completed from St. Paul to Duluth in 1870. In 1970, it became the Burlington Northern Railroad. The Sunrise Prairie Trail was built on the bed of the abandoned rail line. The 10' wide, paved trail is open for walking and running, biking and rollerblading. Snowmobiling and horseback riding is allowed on the parallel non-paved portion of the trail. Sightings of deer, grouse, wild turkey and waterfowl is common. A Park-n-Ride lot is conveniently located adjacent to the trail as it crosses County Road 17 approximately .5 miles east of I-35.
The North Branch Sno-Drifters club maintains many miles of groomed snowmobile trails in the township.
The Lent Town Park Board is open to new ideas and suggestions from the public regarding existing and future parks and recreation opportunities. Comments for parks can be sent to the Lent Town Clerk.
Natural Gas Companies
- Xcel Energy: 612-330-5500
- Ace Solid Waste: 763-427-3110
- Waste Management: 888-960-0008
- Terry's Disposal: 651-674-4053
- Town and Country: 651-462-5298
Phone, Cable and Internet
- Fairview Regional Medical Center
5200 Fairview Blvd
Wyoming, MN 55092
- Cambridge Medical Center
701 South Dellwood Street
Cambridge, MN 55008
Septic System Information
- ONLY human waste and toilet paper may be flushed. NEVER flush unused medication, “flushable” wipes, facial tissue, or feminine hygiene products. Failure to do so could lead to costly repairs or replacement of your system.
- Do your best to conserve water and fix leaky fixtures as soon as possible.
- Regularly inspect your system and ensure maintenance lids are secured.
- Systems require routine pumping at least every three years.
- Do not drive or park vehicles on any part of your septic system.
- Contact a licensed professional if you have questions or concerns about your sewage tank or drainfield.
For more information, search “SSTS” on www.pca.state.mn.us
North Branch ISD 138
General Switchboard: 651-674-1000
- Sunrise Prairie Elementary School - 651-674-1100
- Middle School - 651-674-1300
- High School - 651-674-1500
Chisago Lakes ISD 2144
General Switchboard: 651-213-2000
- Primary School - 651-213-2200
- Taylors Falls Elementary - 651-213-2100
- Lakeside Elementary - 651-213-2300
Middle & High School
- Middle School - 651-213-2400
- High School - 651-213-2500
- Community Education - 651-213-2600
- District Office - 651-213-2000
- Pathways - 651-213-2071
- Hunt's Transportation - 651-213-2020
Forest Lake ISD 831
General Switchboard: 651-982-8100
- Columbus Elementary - 651-982-8900
- Forest Lake Elementary - 651-982-3200
- Forest View Elementary - 651-982-8200
- Lino Lakes Elementary - 651-982-8850
- Linwood Elementary - 651-982-1900
- Central Montessori Elementary - 651-982-3150
- Scandia Elementary - 651-982-3300
- Wyoming Elementary - 651-982-8000
- Century Junior High - 651-982-3000
- Southwest Junior High - 651-982-8700
- Forest Lake Area High School - 651-982-8400
Area Learning Center - 651-982-3170