Lent Township is very fortunate to include 5,136 of the 8,862 acres of the scenic Carlos Avery State Wildlife Management Area located within Chisago County. The Sunrise Unit of Carlos Avery WMA is a vast stretch of tamarack bog that borders the Sunrise River and provides an excellent opportunity to see aquatic birds. The upland areas are primarily old fields, grasslands, oak woodlands and food plots. Various opportunities to experience nature include fishing, canoeing, bird watching, hiking, and hunting. Public hunting is the primary recreational use of the WMA with deer, waterfowl, squirrel and turkey the most sought after species. The area is closed from 10:00 pm to 4:00 am each night.
Lent Township has two park areas. The Reiger and Gladys Olson Memorial Recreation Area, located behind the fire station in Stacy, boasts a softball field with bleachers for the adults and colorful playground equipment for the younger generation. The Swanberg Park, located adjacent to the Lent Town Hall, features a ball field for family and team play. The park also includes a new playground and picnic areas.
The local residents encourage visitors to enjoy the scenic views while winding their way along the easily accessible Sunrise Prairie Trail, which extends beyond the north/south boundaries of Lent Township. The Lake Superior and Mississippi Railroad, a predecessor of the Northern Pacific Railway, was completed from St. Paul to Duluth in 1870. In 1970, it became the Burlington Northern Railroad. The Sunrise Prairie Trail was built on the bed of the abandoned rail line. The 10' wide, paved trail is open for walking and running, biking and rollerblading. Snowmobiling and horseback riding is allowed on the parallel non-paved portion of the trail. Sightings of deer, grouse, wild turkey and waterfowl is common. A Park-n-Ride lot is conveniently located adjacent to the trail as it crosses County Road 17 approximately .5 miles east of I-35.
The North Branch Sno-Drifters club maintains many miles of groomed snowmobile trails in the township.
The Lent Town Park Board is open to new ideas and suggestions from the public regarding existing and future parks and recreation opportunities. Comments for parks can be sent to the Lent Town Clerk.
Park and Outdoor Town Hall Information
For Pickleball Information and Schedule contact email@example.com Outdoor Pickleball Courts are now open!
Hopscotch is now at the Park!
Bring your aluminum cans to help support the parks! Located across from the Town Hall
The Town Hall now has a Little Free Library! Come take a peak at the selection. If you have any books to donate, please bring them by and add them!
Natural Gas Companies
- Xcel Energy: 612-330-5500
- Ace Solid Waste: 763-427-3110
- SRC: (651) 462-1099
- Waste Management: 888-960-0008
- Terry's Disposal: 651-674-4053
Phone, Cable and Internet
Where is the nearest compost site?
Chisago City's compost site is located at the Chisago Lakes Joint Wastewater Treatment site off County Road 24, 31501 Lofton Avenue North, in Chisago City.
The site is open from mid-April through mid-November, weather permitting. Hours are: Wednesdays: 2 PM - 7 PM (or until dusk in the fall) | Saturdays: 9 AM - 4 PM | Sundays: 1 PM - 4 PM
Please note that there may be a small fee for Township residents
The Township has two Cleanup Days per year - Fall and Spring
- M Health Fairview
5200 Fairview Blvd
Wyoming, MN 55092
- M Health Fairview Clinic North Branch
5366 386th Street
North Branch, MN 55056
- Cambridge Medical Center
701 South Dellwood Street
Cambridge, MN 55008
- Stacy Lent Fire Department
- Dial 911 for an emergency
Chisago County Sheriff
Dial 911 for an emergency
Emergency Communications Center: Phone: 651-257-4100
15230 Per Road
Center City, MN 55012
- Chisago County Health and Human Services
- Single Family Housing Programs
- MN Housing Partnerships
- Xcel Energy Programs and Rebates
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program
- Habitat for Humanity
- Senior Living Help
- MN Board on Aging
- Program for Single Family Housing Repair Loans and Grants
- Chisago County Veterans Services
- Lakes and Pines
- Family Pathways
- Domestic & Sexual Violence Services
- Chisago Lakes Beyond the Yellow Ribbon
- United Way
North Branch ISD 138
General Switchboard: 651-674-1000
- Sunrise Prairie Elementary School - 651-674-1100
- Middle School - 651-674-1300
- High School - 651-674-1500
Chisago Lakes ISD 2144
General Switchboard: 651-213-2000
- Primary School - 651-213-2200
- Taylors Falls Elementary - 651-213-2100
- Lakeside Elementary - 651-213-2300
Middle & High School
- Middle School - 651-213-2400
- High School - 651-213-2500
- Community Education - 651-213-2600
- District Office - 651-213-2000
- Pathways - 651-213-2071
- Hunt's Transportation - 651-213-2020
Forest Lake ISD 831
General Switchboard: 651-982-8100
- Columbus Elementary - 651-982-8900
- Forest Lake Elementary - 651-982-3200
- Forest View Elementary - 651-982-8200
- Lino Lakes Elementary - 651-982-8850
- Linwood Elementary - 651-982-1900
- Central Montessori Elementary - 651-982-3150
- Scandia Elementary - 651-982-3300
- Wyoming Elementary - 651-982-8000
- Century Junior High - 651-982-3000
- Southwest Junior High - 651-982-8700
- Forest Lake Area High School - 651-982-8400
Area Learning Center - 651-982-3170
Other Area Schools
Lent Township Informational Merger Meeting - Monday, July 25, 2022 at 7:00pm at the Lent Town Hall - See the Annexation info on the Township Government page of the website
Play Pickleball on Tuesdays! The outdoor court is ready for play anytime!